Friday, November 20, 2009

What kind of ingriedient in shampoo or conditioner can cause a bumpy rash on the back of arms?

I started getting these rashes on my arm a couple years ago and there not red or anything just makes my skin really bumpy,,,,,, and then someone told me that they you used to have in and they started to use dove shampoo and conditioner. and i used it and it worked for about a year and now for no reason its come back and im still not using anything but that dove soap stuff.......and i dont know what could be causing this?|||I have had a similar problem with shampoo or conditioner residue. The problem appeared suddenly and seemed like an itchy , bumpy rash that was primarily on my scalp but that slowly spread to my back, upper chest and shins (where the residue would rinse off in the shower). After many trips to the dermatologist for a about a year and subsequent rounds of the oral steroid, prednisone (which would make the symptoms disappear only while I took the drug but allowed them to reappear as soon as I stopped) my doctor told me to use Free %26amp; Clear. It is expensive but can be ordered through the internet. After awhile of using this product I went back to using regular shapoo and conditioner. A few years later the problem came back and I needed a short course of prednisone first and went back to Free %26amp; Clear for awhile.





Your bumps are probably an allergy you've developed. I would try Free and CLear and if it doesn't work, I would see a dermatologist to try a round of prednisone (its not good for you so they don't like to keep you on it for a long time).





Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment