Monday, November 16, 2009

Gastric Bypass.....Excess skin hanging, what to do?????

worth 10 points.......





I had this surgery done in 2001. I lost almost 200 lbs. i am very happy now.





There is only one problem. I have alot of excess skin hanging. My health coverage covers the bypass but not the skin hanging. What do i do. I have alot of trouble walking and i get rashes sometimes.





My coverage is Americhoice, Medicaid, and Medicare.





What can i do to get some of the skin taken off. Any advice will help.





Does my medical plan cover anything for skin removal?|||My son had it done, but had it done by a "general surgeon". The way the "orders" were written was that it had to be removed because it was causing a bad chaffed rash %26amp; was in danger of infection. Of course it wasn't done "cosmeticaly", but the skin was removed. IF you don't wear low cut pants/jeans etc. there would be no problem. At least the skin was removed. Ins. DID PAY for it since it was written in that manner.|||you can contact your insurance companies and see if they will cover the removal of skin. I know that Medicare and Medicaid won't. I hope you're able to have this removed. If not use "gold bond medicated powder" on the area where you have trouble walking and get rashes. This will keep the problem down. Your problem is coming usually from sweat that lies in the folds of the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment