Monday, November 16, 2009

Photo sensitive skin!?

a year ago i had visited a doc to get rid of my acne problem. he had prescribed monolox tablets(its a antibiotic) for 3 months. my pimples went off. but i started to get these red itichy rashes on my hands when i went out in sun. he said that my skin has become photo sensitive because of those tablets. he also told that the problem will go away within few months.anyways the problem dint go. i get rashes whenever i go out in sun since then.but now after 1 year, the problem has become more. yesterday i went out in sun, and now i have got lots and lots of rashes on my hands. rashes doesnt come on my face or legs , it only comes on my hands. i dont put any sun screen lotion. neither on my face nor on my hands. has the problem turned out to be something serious?|||hey supp... well i have never experienced this before... i suggets u to go to doctor to help you with ur allergy... u should sue ur dermatologist cus he is a dumb ***..how could he prescribe u something that will give a side effect. Btw in my case.. i used acne products contained of benzoyl peroxide such as proactive and clearasil but it caused my face became so red and itchy especially when i go out in the sun. I stopped using these products for almost a year.... and it still red....but i used clinique for oily skin... my face is not red and oily anymore. However, im still haveing problem with my acne. Well since u have problem on your hand... im not sure if clinique could help... so i guess maybe the best way to do is to check ur self to the doctor.... not the dumb one please.. go to the smart one.... i know im not helping... but i hope u will get better|||Hello there,


I would stop taking the acne medicine right away, Go to wal- mart and buy over the counter acne treatment gel and wipes. I have really bad acne too, but Clearasil does the Job for me, it should do the job for you too.


Sincerely, P.S. alot of medicine should just be avoided and this is one prime example why. good luck|||If you stopped taking the medicine a year ago, I doubt that it would still be causing the photosensitivity.


However there are other skin conditions where you can get a rash or itching after sun exposure. I'd go to a dermatologist to get this checked out.


In the meanwhile consider wearing sunscreen, at least SPF 25, to try to prevent breaking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment