Friday, November 20, 2009

Septra-DS, how long to get it out of my system?

I've developed a skin rash after using Septra-DS. This rash reminds me a lot of the ones I used to get because of tetracycline family. I even told my doctor I'm allergic to those. Is Septra-DS related to tetracycline?





Also, how long does it take for an antibiotic to leave your system and get rid of any reaction like this one? It makes me sooo mad!|||Septra DS (sulfamethoxazole/trimethoprim) is not related to tetracycline so please make sure your doctor and pharmacist note on your file that you are allergic to both drugs. Since Septra DS is a combination of 2 drugs you could be allergic to either component. It will take approximately 72 hours for the sulfamethoxazole to clear your system and 84 hours for the trimethoprim.

No comments:

Post a Comment