Monday, November 16, 2009

How can I tell the difference between dry skin and scabies?

It has been very cold for a long time and the air is dry, but I was possibly exposed to scabies by a friend a few weeks ago. I am itching like crazy! Especially when I am finishing my shower every evening. When I get out of the shower I have red, blotchy rashes on my body, but they go away as my skin cools. What would you do?|||The previous posters are mostly correct. Scabies will be most prominent in the folds and creases of your body. Additionally, the lesions will not appear blotchy as your have. Rather, they will leave a distinct zig-zag scarring pattern on your skin where the organism burrows itself.





I agree that you may be having a sensitivity issue with your soap or a cosmetic product. I recommend that you discontinue the use of all of your cosmetics and buy new soaps. If this doesn't correct your problem see a doctor for sensitivity testing.|||Dry skin (for me anyway) does not itch. It improves with lotion.





I think I would see a Dermatologist. Scabies is a mite that gets under the skin. I really do not know how it should be treated. Probably with prescriptions.|||Scabies normally appears between the fingers in creases. It sounds like your problem is an allergy, possibly to your soap or shampoo|||I thougt I had scabies, so i went to the hospital,late night. There the doctor told me to use lice shampoo on my skin. Use at night before going to bed. Rub shampoo into skin, let dry. Wash off next morning. The doctor stated scabies are just like lice. I don't know how true it is but you can ask a doctor. Fortunately I found out that was not what i had.|||I would go see a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment