Friday, November 20, 2009

What is this called?

I have a slight skin rash on my arms and legs. I haven't been in the outdoors and I don't have any past history of similar symptoms. I went to the doctor and he told me that it was a "viral rash" which is caused when you get over a fever. This would make sense since I just had a fever last week. He said there wasn't a cure and that I should take Benadryl if the rash is bothering me. He also mentioned that it's pretty harmless and will go away in a week or so.





My dilemma now is that I don't know what it's called. I remember that it was referred to as a viral rash but what is the technical term? I just want to know so I can look it up on WebMD and get a better idea of what it is I'm dealing with, in case it shows up if I ever get sick again.|||I think if you visit the source below, some of your skin rash questions can be answered - strep rash, strep throat rash, etc.|||could it be an exanthem? i have heard of that term before for rashes|||Just call up your doctor and ask, and while you're at it, ask about what you should do in the future. They're glad to follow up with patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment