Friday, November 20, 2009

Hi. Due to chemotherapy I had a very early menopause ?

And it was fine for 5 years. Now I am experiencing horrible skin rashes. I think they are caused by lack of oestrogen.


I have been to numerous dermatologists who can't help me.


"Prurigo Nodularis" was the official verdict ... cause unknown; no cure.


My rash is always only on my right arm, then goes to my back. Sometimes my chest.


2 years now. Always clears up in summer (humidity? exposure to the sun?)


I thought I was rid of it but now it is back before the old scars have even healed.


I believe it is hormonal.


I hate tofu and I hate natto. I eat about 100 gms - 200 gms of soy beans every day but it is not helping.


Any ideas on other food that will control my hormones?


I also believe that the lack of oestrogen makes my skin really dry, so I use any moisturiser I can, from Vaseline to brand body soothers. No change.


Any advice would be welcome.


Thanks.|||I see a rash as a symptom, and while we want to just put something on top of it, to relieve the itch or dryness, etc. Doing this won't cure the rash. So if it were me, I would try to find out what might be the cause.





Rashes to me are a sign that toxins, bacteria, excess stress, etc., are being pushed out of the body. They show me that the body tries to heal and come to a homeostasis. Rashes that don't clear up mean that the cause is left untreated.





Because the rash only occurs on one area of your body, then this might be a sign of a part of your body that is blocked, on either side of where the rash is occuring. The rash erupts in the blocked area of your body, as a way to expel some toxin, because the normal way it would be eliminated is blocked. Because it's on the right side, then this might indicate there is some blocking in the path of the liver. The meridian of the liver (Gall Bladder and Liver), can be treated with acupressure or acupuncture. You might also try a 'liver cleanse' to move out gallstones and liver stones.





It's possible that a chinese medic could help to diagnose where the problem lies, and treat you to clear this up.





Another possibility of rashes is an emotional reason, so things like EFT (Emotional freedom technique) might help.





Another possibility of rashes is a virus in that area of the body. Now, I know this sounds weird, but it works and it's easy to do. Take an idaho or brown russet potatoe and slice it into thick slices and fry it in a pan with oil. Don't flip the slices. When the peeling on the outside of the potatoe slice starts to loosen, then it's done. The potatoe will be partially cooked. Put the warm slices over the area of your body, covering every inch, then on top of this put on towel to hold in the heat. Keep this on for around 1 hour, then wash the area of the body with sea salt water, about 10% salt to water. This can eliminate virus from the skin. Repeat if needed.





As far as topical, I think fresh aloe vera is the best to apply to heal the skin. In not in an area where it grows, you can go to a nursery and buy a plant.





Betsy|||don't tell me about the menopause its a night mere Ive changed so much anyway i think ask your Dr for patches to replace what you don't have or ask the Dr to See some one to help you or boots pharmacy is good but try and try till you get what you need|||hi, i am only 15 but i know somethings about chemos and menopause. my mother had breast and brain cancer and was going through chemos and menopause at the same time.... Anyway, what she did was put on lotion on her skin about everyday. i really don't know much else but I will tell you, she also got huge skin peeling on her feet, hands everywhere. Sometimes it was so hard for to walk my brother had to carry her when he visited.


i miss my mother very much, may she rest in peace.


-Sadye


hope helped a little bit.|||I know my eczema is much better in the summer, I think central heating dries my skin, plus not having the exposure to sunlight makes things worse. I've found E45 as good as anything. Have you considered hrt patches, even for a short while? And Aloe Propolis cream is supposed to be good for skin conditions, might be worth a try if you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment