Saturday, April 24, 2010

Why is my Quail so itchy?

I have a female Chinese Painted (Button) Quail and recently I've noticed that she sometimes runs around her cage and does tiny hops like something is biting or tickling her, and then she starts itching her chest and back with her beak.





Could she have fleas? My apartment is on the 11th floor and there's no dogs or cats here, so I don't know how she could get them?





Since summer finally ended and the air is getting drier, could it also be dry skin that's making her itch? or what about some type of skin rash or allergy?





She isn't itching all the time, but I've noticed her doing that a few times this weekend.





How can I tell what's causing it so I can use the right treatment?|||The "pop" thing is normal. They do that from time to time.





The itching, Hold on, I'll get you a link.|||She probably has mites. Go to your nearest pet store and get something for them. There is also a mite protector that you hang in or around the cage that keeps them away.

No comments:

Post a Comment