Saturday, April 24, 2010

Chronic urticaria. Any link to vaccines?

I had a flu and a pnemonia vaccine last winter and then after about 5 weeks developed an itchy skin rash, sometimes just red and blotchy, sometimes small blisters appear. The doctor diagnosed chronic urticaria and prescribed an antihistamine (cetirizine) that I've taken daily for 13 months. Problem is eased by the treatment, but will flare up if I miss a tablet. Doctor says causes may be too many to investigate. I just wonder about the timing in relation to the vaccines.|||I diagnose you have a lazy doctor. First of all you need to see an allergist. Hopefully this lazy bones has already provided you with an EPI pen just in case since he has no idea what is going on with you an clearly your body is having a response to something...Hopefully he has explained anaphylaxis to you so if you should go into it you know what is happening and what can be done. Also look up cholergenic urticaria

No comments:

Post a Comment