Saturday, April 24, 2010

Girls only! Bumps near vaginal opening ...?

Just yesterday I felt a very small cluster of bumps right between my vaginal and anal opening ... I am assuming I would have noticed this before yesterday, but I really do not know how long they've been there. I looked at them in the mirror and it just looked like a very small and bumpy skin rash.





It doesn't hurt, itch or anything ... it's just there. I just finished my period a few days ago. My periods are always right on time so I don't have any menstrual irregularity. I am sexually active with one guy and I am on the Pill (we do not use condoms). I have had very few sexual partners ... 3 to be exact and I am 30.





Anyone have this issue before ... any advice on what this could be? Links if you got them would be great.





Thanks so much, girls!|||Stay calm! There are many valid ideas about STI's and HPV here, and honestly that would be my immediate fear if I were in your shoes.





However, nobody on yahoo answers is going to be able to help you. Go see a gyn doctor. They'll be able to run blood tests and swab the area, and tell you 100% what it is.|||From what I suspect, it is genital warts or HPV. If you are sexually active even the slightest, you have a chance that he, your partner, is carrying an STD (sexually transmitted disease) or STI (sexually transmitted infection). You will still contract an STD or STI even if you are the Pill, condoms, etc or even if you have oral, anal, or vaginal sex. Even if you are gay, or lesbian, there is a chance you will get an STD or STI. Check with your partners and get a Pap test at the doctors. Left untreated, this can lead to infertility (if you want children later on)





And though it may itch, it can not itch as well. Usually, STDs/STIs go without symptoms of any sort. And if your warts go away and come back, that's also very normal.





I'm 14, and all I have to say is, Health class helps a lot. xD|||I know exactly what your talking about!!!!!To bad I'm not qualified to answer under your criteria though.Since I'm a guy I cant give you the answer.I hope after it gets worse and you go to the doctor that the doctor is a girl and not a guy.To bad for you good bye.|||Being a biologist, I can honestly say that no one can say for certain without seeking medical advice. It certainly doesn't sound like HPV from first impression...since inflammation seems to be absent, but there's no way to tell for certain. Such 'bumps' could be from several causes such as: a mild reaction to soaps, perfumes, underwear (especially if not 100% cotton), to shaving or waxing if you do so there, from pubic hairs pulling against your clothing, from little ventilation (that's right, even your crotch requires breathing), from reaction to hygiene products...the list is endless...and very non-worrisome. If the bumps are very prominent, definitely get them checked out, but as a rule of thumb, if it doesn't itch, burn, or smell awkward, it's MOST probably not a bacterial, fungal, or viral infection. For certainty...see your doctor.|||HPV

No comments:

Post a Comment